Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week Seven: I Won't...Give Up!

This week's theme is an anchor in my life.  It "keeps me in the game" when I might otherwise stagger, flag, wiggle my way out, minimize or rationalize the weight of a previously made commitment (that was made when I was impassioned).

My "I won't" EVER:) (my add) statements include (taken from Sacred Obsession Devotional 9/21):

*give up praying for those who are either resistant toward God or who need miracles
*get to busy to read the Bible daily
*stop eating healthy and exercising regularly--my stress level depends upon it:)
*shame God's name with my actions or words
*hold a grudge--I will be a forgiving person because that is a non-negotiable trait of a Christian
*drink alcohol because I can't:)

Be encouraged to make your list:),

Becky


7 comments:

  1. Can I just have your list Becky? Ha Ha Such good I won't's.
    I won't give up came at perfect timing. I felt like throwing in the towel on Monday but knew I wouldn't. My nature is to keep on keeping on. I had just finished praying and reading my bible when I opened my email to see change your life email. Don't give up felt like a message from God. Yeah!
    Your list encouraged me to keep praying those prayers that seem like they aren't being answered. How does that song go ? Don't stop believing? I won't........
    *lie
    *stop listening to God's voice and being obedient.
    *give up on the lost
    I am going to think about this and ask God to reveal more to me.
    I have discovered this year that the only way to be healthy in my diet is to draw a line in the sand. I will eat healthy food. I won't eat unhealthy foods. Friends questioned my eating style so this year I lightened up had desert every once in a while ate other items that weren't on the flat belly diet. Well, I am now up 5 pounds. I won't eat unhealthy keeps me at the weight I want to be at. It feels easier to just stay off unhealthy things than this up and down weight.
    These are just my observations. I am glad to be apart of this group that keeps me thinking about these things.
    Mickey, haven't heard from you in a while hope you are ok. Thanks to all of you that prayed for me this week, I am doing better. When the Lord brings one of you to my mind I pray for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, have a wonderful vacation and maybe we should all be part of your prayer team as you figure out this new college tour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie can you send me title and author of Happy book?Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robbie
    Thanks for caring. I have been out of touch lately. I want to make list that I could stick to.

    thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mickey the list is hard for sure. Last night I decided not to watch TV but read my bible before going to bed. It was amazing, things just jumped out at me and soothed my tired soul. Then I slept from 10pm until 7am. This is rare for me. Today, I arranged flowers for a wedding I am doing tomorrow. What a fun day. I guess I got a little side tracked. Mickey, I said one thing I won't watch tv and I felt like God blessed me. Ask God for one thing. I am glad you posted I think of you often. Hold on.
    Becky, the book is "A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen
    You can read it in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now all I can post is
    I wont give up my new habit of reading the CYL Bible every day. I cant believe I have stuck with it, and cant imagine life without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I just pushed something and lost what I had started. Here I go again. . . .

    I'm so glad I read these lists and listened to the call tonight (8/28). (Sorry I missed this part during the week of the 16th, but maybe it is better that I'm reading it now.)

    Here's my (short) list of "I won't ever . . ." statements:

    --get too busy to START the day with Bible reading and prayer. (When I leave it until late in the day, I sometimes get sidetracked.)

    --go back to my old eating habits. (After being a WW leader for many years, I'm struggling a bit right now and need to firm up my efforts before I do too much damage.)

    --let my schedule get as overloaded as it was for the previous two years.

    --forget to consider my students' feelings as I comment on their papers.

    --forget to thank God daily for my blessings.

    Mickey, it was good to read your comments here and in the next week's blog, as well. I've missed you!

    Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete