Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week Nine: I Must...Finish The Race

This week, I'd like you to think about the dream in your heart that won't go away.

This week, I'd like you to consider your greatest asset and ask yourself if you have "finished the race," or completed the task that you were meant to complete.

This week, rather than look back and wander what could have been...look forward and ask yourself, "What am I supposed to do?"

This is bigger than a bucket list:) -- it is a "Must Do" list!

Be encouraged,

Becky

11 comments:

  1. I know my biggest asset is that I love people. I don't know what my dream in my heart that won't go away is. Last week, on the other call: read it love it, something stirred inside of me. Praying for God to reveal what that all meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I say I am going to do something along this line, I dont do it so I am afraid to say it again. And it's rough too, because my husband would tie any *dream* into making money, whereas I dont necessarily see pursuing the gifts God has given me in a money making way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for being
    Honest

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm going to take my time on this one, like Becky suggested. Btw, I think i fall into that 35 year category give or take a few years.
    I'll be back later to post my first thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In some ways I have completed many tasks that God called me to but the race isn't finished. I was thinking of having a Sabbath Tuesday to pray for others heavy on my heart and ask God to reveal his next assignment. It might have to start with one day at a time. I will be traveling for the next 3 weeks which makes it hard to commit to the same day every week. Just some thoughts. Have a nice weekend and I will talk with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robbie -- whatever that looks like sounds like a VERY cool idea (God-inspired)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, everyone!

    Like Laura, I will be back later to post my thoughts on this week's assignment. It is definitely very relevant to my life, as I ponder retiring from teaching and perhaps setting out in a new direction before too long.

    Robbie, I hope you find the three weeks of travel a time of refreshment and renewal. You will be in my prayers!

    I'm not sure if it was on this blog or the other one, but I'm pretty sure I wrote a couple months ago about a book I listened to/read this summer; it is by a pastor named Bill Hybels (from Willow Creek Community Church) and is called "The Power of a Whisper: Hearing God, Having the Guts to Respond." If you've never read it, I highly recommend it! I found it on audible.com when I was searching for "Sun Stand Still," another wonderful book that Becky had recommended. First, I downloaded it and listened to it as I gardened and did household chores; then, having been so moved by it, I bought a hard copy to read. Throughout the many wonderful examples in the book, Hybels speaks of those special "God moments" and encourages us to fine-tune our abilities to discern God's whispers and firm up our resolve to follow His leading.

    Guess I'd better get moving this morning. . . .

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, I have some of his books and that one sounds great...thanks for posting, may have to go buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lady on the Precepts Email team sent out this blog post ( read the one under August 30). I found it pretty much related to our discussion here.......http://loristanleyroeleveld.blogspot.com/2011/08/everyone-thinks-im-crazy-for-doing-this.html#.Tl9CtUbA0Ul.gmail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just listened to last weeks call today. Becky, I LOVE your suggestion of meeting with a counselor. I have done that in the past and if I could afford it, I would do it every week ! I hope you and Roger do another radio show. Does Roger do anything like this blog/group? He sounds like such a wise counselor. Also, my daughter is getting her Phd in Clinical Pysch so I am very supportive of counseling. I also need more time to think about the future. I was a stay at home Mom for 19 years, have worked outside the home for 10 years and will be leaving my job in 2 year for I don't know what. I also JUST got my bachelors 2 years ago at the age of 52 but it did not impact my current job at all. Is 56 too old to get a new job as a fairly recent college graduate :-) ha

    ReplyDelete