Again inspired by the leader, Henrietta Mears, I challenge each of us to consider the ways/statements she used to inspire those under her tutelage:
(2) "God has a job for every Christian and no one else can fulfill it."
Please consider these statements and post your comments! I look forward to how they inspire you. I will share mine on the call!
Be encouraged,
Becky
I think I could sum this up by saying I will let God direct my path.
ReplyDeleteOur pastor is forever saying we are here to serve Him, and glorify Him and we need to let Him shine through and live through us.
So my plans for myself, need to be redirected through His channels (and isnt that the only way to reach His goals anyway?).
I have taken the gifts tests several times, and know what they are. And that is a marker as to the direction to look in.
But if He indeed has a job for every Christian, meaning me, then if I wait on Him He will reveal it.
I've really changed my thinking in this area over all the years in Becky's courses.
Less of me, more of Him........
Laura, beautifully put!!
ReplyDeleteWell this is a talk I could hear many times and pick up something new from it. Last week I was at a christian retreat hearing Jill Briscoe she suggested something similar to Becky. Write down "scribbles" through out the day and then at the end of the day on your knees ask God which one is for my heart for today. This was the material for Ruth Graham's books. She kept notebooks close by that she could write down thoughts through out the day. God refined them and she put them in books for the rest of us to learn from.
ReplyDeleteI will keep a book of God thoughts.
Another idea I gleaned from the week. "Oh, that's why"
The concept is you can not see the will of God except in retrospect.
Look with God until...you get Oh that's why... and keep a list!
I have so many things on my list.
Breast cancer transformed my prayer life.
The loss of my adoptive parents helped me to depend on God.
Being poor growing up gave me compassion for those without.
Ideas to grow deeper with God. Thank you Becky.
robbi,
ReplyDeletethanks for writing. I need to do this and will post when I have a clear list.
I've been contemplating doing some writing, so the scribbles idea is good. In fact, I got a free gift from Staples---a notebook that said it was for jotting down ideas, thoughts etc.
ReplyDeleteSome writers told me however, make sure you write enough of a thought that you remember what you wrote it for! Yeah, I needed that!
I was inspired by #2 today. Sometimes I get so caught up in the mire of my job and I think it's so important to be successful or to be recognized for working hard. God's purpose for me is different and can be so much greater than that if I allow him to be a part of my plan. I am reminded that by writing down my prayers that I see so much more clearly how God works in my life every day through everything I do. I went to Roger and Becky's couple's workshop a couple of weeks ago, and while a learned a lot about my relationship and how God can be a part of that, the one thing that keeps coming back to me is a statement that Roger made. He said, "Have you grieved for this life yet?" He reminded me that I am not of this world and am not meant to be "happy" the way the world thinks we should be happy. God takes care of me way beyond the things that I imagine that I want. I am inspired today to take another spiritual gifts inventory (the last one was about 20 years ago, yikes!) and to pray about my ministry and "God purpose."
ReplyDeleteI know I have been out of touch but I have 2 things to share: A book I bought last year, "Designed for Fullfillment: A Study of the Redemptive Gifts" by Charles R. Wales, Jr. This study of the gifts has opened my eyes and set me free in my gifted area and it has been AMAZING! Because of this, my 2nd thing to share, is that last week I went to a "dance camp" which was part of a worship arts conference at a church here in Charlotte. It was sooo wonderful to learn dance as a worship form and to perform a recital last Friday with other worshippers. I loved the movement and praise and now, I will incorporate some ballet, modern dance and worship dance classes into my daily exercise for life. This movement brought such joy to my spirit! I can praise God now While I move my body and dance for Him! Hallelujah! Get this, the book above is from Free to Be Me Ministries!!
ReplyDeletewww.freetobeministries.com
Carol, enjoy the dancing! Your camp sounds wonderful. I majored in dance and theater in college, and on once occasion was able to do a solo dance in my church service.
ReplyDeleteThose were the days! Pre-arthritis!
A wonderful way to glorify God!