For those of you who have had me as a Life Coach, or those who have followed any of my/our Marriage and Engagement materials/books, Roger and I--for over 2 decades--have always had coachees, parents, spouses, and dating couples take a Personality Test. Why? It makes a difference in how people get along with each other, how well or poorly they communicate, and it is one of the biggest determining factors in a successful marriage!
Personality Matters.
In my book, Keep The Change, we include a 10-page exam to determine if you are Sanguine (Love to Have Fun), Choleric (Love to be in Charge), Melancholy, (Love Details), or Phlegmatic (Love to have Peace). Of course, there is much more "to it," but when you know that each personality type has an equal number of strengths and weaknesses, and no type is "better" than another, you can take "things" less personally, be more patient, and/or make adjustments!
In life, know you main personality type and the types of those you "do life with" is critical to enjoyment in that relationship (and that makes for a better leader, lover, and healer)!
Be encouraged,
Becky
I agree that personality types really matter. I am an extrovert, but do not categorize myself as loving to party. I am not sure why this particular test gave me trouble but I do understand that it is very useful for most people. I found Strength quest for me a great source for knowing your personality. Our daughter, gave us each a book and we all did it together Christmas day. Lots of fun and a great deal of understanding. Our daughters married men very similar to them in personality and strengths, whereas my husband and I were complete opposites. Becky is right the more you understand the personality types of those in your life, the better the relationships.
ReplyDeleteMy primary core is outgoing. No surprise there, even on a blog. After the core, it gets a little fuzzy. I think I have compensated for my weaknesses that they have become less noticeable. I think of myself as easy going able to flow and very patient. However, I have noticed myself taking charge in certain situations. Would love to read Roger's description of CORE. This is all fascinating to me.
ReplyDeleteFunny thing happened today for me. I was out to lunch with a girlfriend on a spur of the moment lunch. Something happened with our bill to cause a longer than normal wait. My friend got very upset over this and stormed off. Later she apologized for her actions and said what's wrong with me that I would get upset over that. Well, I thought of this group and the understanding of our personalities. Becky was right, we need to be aware of those close to us and their temperaments. This gives us understanding and keeps us moving forward rather than backwards. We are all wired so differently. Headed out of town for a few days, have a good weekend, look forward to seeing your comments when I get back.
ReplyDeleteRobbie,
ReplyDeleteI just love reading your posts. Moving forward is a much better way to react. thanks for your posts.
I am still stuck on the last weeks assignment.
Honorable actions going to check self this week and
also look at my personality type again.
love you guys
Hi All: Me too, need to review personality types. Busy cleaning for end of month company.
ReplyDeleteWhew.
Have a blessed weekend.
Hello, Everyone!
ReplyDeleteGreat assignment and call this week, and it is good to read the responses.
I will post comments later. This has been a very stressful couple of weeks, but I have much to be grateful for. Will say more later.
Have a wonderful week!